If you’re like most homeowners, you had your home inspected before you purchased it. You had your electric system, plumbing, roofing, and the homes’ foundation thoroughly examined. However, did you have your property’s irrigation system inspected too?
Surprisingly, many new home buyers overlook the importance of this vital water inspection. It’s not until an old sprinkler system breaks or there’s water leaking from the pipes when our Moeller Lawn & Landscape irrigation and drainage team gets the call.
What Are Common Irrigation System Problems?
There is a wide range of benefits to having a landscape irrigation system installed on your property. The system is convenient, efficient, effective, and you never need reminding to water your lawn.
However, when your system does not get regularly inspected and serviced, that’s when water problems begin. Common irrigation system problems are:
- Cracked Pipes
- Water Leaking
- Missing Sprinkler Heads
- Clogged Sprinklers
- Loose or Missing Nozzles
- Poor Irrigation Design
- Plants Blocking Sprinkler Spray
Without proper attention, your irrigation system can potentially harm your lawn, causing extensive damage to your property or, worse, water coming into your home.
What Steps Can You Take To Prevent Irrigation Issues?
Most homeowners want to avoid any water damage to their landscape or home. If they knew ahead of time what to look for and what to do, they could prevent most irrigation issues.
To help you keep your lawn safe, here are some recommendations our Moeller Lawn & Landscape irrigation and drainage team would like to pass along to you.
- Locate and inspect the automatic sprinkler timer
- Is it plugged into a visible and safe power supply
- Test the timer to ensure it manually turns on by itself
- Check for any moisture in unusual spots
- Open and close each valve
- Check for moisture caused by cracks or broken pipe seals
- Turn on each watering zone and check each sprinkler head
- Are any sprinkler heads not popping up or operating improperly
- Inspect the system if it’s connected to a rain sensor.
- Test and retest the sensor one zone at a time
- Assess rainfall patterns
- Evaluate all existing water options
- Know what options are available for your irrigation system
If you’re not comfortable inspecting your sprinkler system on your own, we understand entirely. Give us a call, and our irrigation and drainage team will provide a routine inspection.
Get Smart Irrigation & Drainage For Your Lawn & Home!
Keeping your lawn adequately watered is the key to preserving its lushness and beauty. A professionally designed drainage system will keep water away and prevent soil issues around your West Tennesse home.
When looking for a professionally designed irrigation system to maintain your lawn or a drainage system, our Moeller team can provide the solutions you need! Our team invites you to contact us here or give us a call at 731-571-2730.